Is Nigeria’s Electoral Democracy Under Threat? Prof. Jega Set to Chair Watching the Vote Panel Discussion
The 2019 election is barely 360 days away and we are yet to conclude on the amendments to the Electoral Act, the budget for the Independent National Electoral Commission for 2018 that directly impacts on the planning for the February 2019 General Elections and the increasing demand by citizens for the auditing of the National […]
Fresh from the historic feat of the passage of NotTooYoungTorun bill in over 24 states constitutionally required by law, the bill has enjoyed another major boost as British High Commissioner to Nigeria, Paul Arkwright has urged President Muhammadu Buhari to assent to the bill as soon as its transmitted to him by the National Assembly. […]
The Not Too Young To Run movement is a movement of youth and civil society groups advocating for the reduction of age for running for elective offices to mainstream young men and women in electoral politics. Not Too Young To Run is Nigeria’s largest and most successful youth movement in recent times. The movement is […]
- We believe that democracy is about participation.
- We believe that youth participation is a right and not a privilege.
- We believe youth political participation is an indicator of a country’s democratic development.
- A competent, youthful, innovative and highly motivated staff
- Deployment of ICT and new media technology
- Partnerships/Collaboration that work: state actors- non state actors-international community
WANT TO KNOW MORE ABOUT US? CURIOUS WHAT ELSE WE DO?
YIAGA AFRICA is a youth-based non-governmental organization that promotes democratic governance, human rights and youth political participation. YIAGA focuses on in-depth research, capacity development and public policy advocacy. Since its inception, the organization has carved a niche for itself as one of Nigeria’s frontline youth civil society organization promoting participatory democracy, human rights and active civic participation.