Call For Application - Data Clerks
Call For Application
Role: Election Data Clerk
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Application Deadline: November 30, 2022
Type of Contract: Ad-Hoc
Department: Knowledge Management and Learning
Post Level: Support
Languages Required: English
Yiaga Africa Initiative seeks the services of Data Clerks to support the implementation of an election integrity project for the 2023 general election. The goal of the project is to deepen transparency and credibility of elections through citizens oversight. Data Clerks will conduct data entry, data verification and database management during elections. Interested applicants must be based in Abuja, Nigeria. This is a part time position and will not transition into full time employment with Yiaga Africa.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform data entry functions on election days
- Conduct data verification and cleanup
- Manage election databases
- Work within a team to transfer election data from files and databases
- Must be a Nigerian citizen
- 18 years and above
- High computer literacy levels
- Undergraduate or University degree holder
- Own a functional bank account
- Own a functional laptop
- Own a smartphone
- Be resident in Abuja
- Be non-partisan
- Available on all training days and 25th - 27th February and 11th - 13th March 2023.
Required Skills and Experience
- Experience in data entry
- Fast typing skills
- Excellent IT skills with proficiency in MS Office
- Great attention to detail and efficient
- Basic understanding of databases
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-motivated and able to work without close supervision
Fluency in written and spoken English.
Young women are encouraged to apply for this role.
Yiaga Africa does not tolerate sexual exploitation and harassment, abuse, or any harassment and discrimination. Therefore, all selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference, background checks, and training.
How to apply
Interested candidates should apply HERE on or before November 30, 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Note: Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Only candidates resident in Abuja will be considered.
For enquiries, email firstname.lastname@example.org