Yiaga Africa announces the call for applications from civic hubs, incubators, civic tech start-ups, and community organizations that use technology to influence citizen participation in the 2023 General Elections.
Who should apply?
The Scaling Civic Tech Solutions is for civic hubs, incubators, civic tech start-ups, and community organizations that are based in Sokoto and Lagos states (or in the North West and South West geo-political zones) that are interested in using technology to influence and increase citizen participation towards the 2023 General Elections.
Yiaga Africa seeks to support innovative technological-based solutions to scale their ideas towards increasing citizen participation. A Team of Civic Tech experts will review all the Proposals and selected proposals from participants and successful ideas will be supported to scale their proposals, existing ideas, or innovations.
Applicants must be
- Be a young Nigerian tech innovator between the ages of 18 and 35
- Have knowledge and experience relevant to the development and deployment of tech solutions
- Have an active internet connection as most engagements will be done virtually
- Must be resident in Lagos or Sokoto (with the possibility to scale the proposal with their regions)
- Have a basic understanding of political and electoral issues in Nigeria
- Be a registered voter
- Women and persons living with disabilities are STRONGLY encouraged to apply.
- Financial support to scale innovative proposals, ideas, or innovations
- Opportunity to co-create innovation with other young innovators
- Increased visibility and international recognition for innovative solutions
Interested applicants should apply using the link below.
Application deadline: 3rd February 2023
Send all inquiries, requests, and complaints to email@example.com