Call for Application: Human Resources and Administration Officer
At Yiaga Africa Initiative we are looking for an exceptional candidate to join our Human Resources Department as a Human Resources and Administration Officer.
As a Human Resources and Administration Officer, you will be responsible for processing employee data as well as updating the policies of our company. You will also have to assist in the process of recruiting. You should be proficient in assisting in the hiring process. You should also assist in the day-to-day operations of the Human Resources department.
If you have the required skills and experiences to run Human Resources and Administration operations smoothly in our organization, do apply now.
The position is for an initial period of twelve (12) months; subject to renewal based on performance and the availability of funding. He/she is expected to work for 40 hours a week. The position has a competitive salary as obtainable in the industry.
- Maintaining physical and digital personnel records like employment contracts and PTO requests
- Update internal databases with new hire information
- Create and distribute guidelines and FAQ documents about company policies
- Gather payroll data like bank accounts and working days
- Publish and remove job ads
- Schedule job interviews and contact candidates as needed
- Prepare reports and presentations on HR-related metrics like the total number of hires by department
- Develop training and onboarding material
- Respond to employees’ questions about benefits (for example, the number of vacation days they’re eligible for)
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resource Management or Business Management.
- 3-5 years of work experience as an HR Administrative or a similar role.
- Membership with CIPM is an added advantage
- Proficient with Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS).
- Proficiency in Payroll Administration
- Knowledge of labour legislation (e.g., organizational health and safety, employee benefits, etc).
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organization and analytical skills.
- Exceptional internal customer service skills.
- Strong negotiation and sales skills.
- Excellent IT skills with proficiency in MS Office
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to maintain an employee’s records.
- Ability to manage and handle multiple tasks.
- Outstanding problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and report writing skills
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Ability to manage logistics
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills
- Detail-oriented and efficient
- Self-motivated and ability to work without close supervision
How to apply
Interested candidates should forward a one-page cover letter and detailed resume with the contact of referees as attached PDF documents to email@example.com on or before Monday, May 30th, 2022. The subject line of the email application must state the Name of the Applicant and the title of the position. Only applications sent in the required format will be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.