Job Title: Administration and Human Resource Officer
Department: Administration and Finance
Reports to: Head of Administration and Finance
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Contract Duration: 12 months and renewable
Position type: Full time
Primary Responsibilities: The Admin and human resource officer assists the Head of Administration and finance in ensuring the effective management of the organisation in line with YIAGA administrative policies and regulations. The officer will be directly responsible for the overall administration, coordination and evaluation of YIAGA’s human resource.
- Assist the Head of Administration in administration and human resource management. This includes financial management, like budget, institutional fundraising, purchasing, accounting, financial reporting and controlling, recruitment, human resource evaluation and payroll and risk management process;
- Support the Admin team of YIAGA which comprises the Head of Administration and Finance, Finance Officer and Administration and Human Resource Officer in ensuring effective operations on a day to day basis;
- Brief and guide management staff with respect to the management of all financial administrative operations and services; ensure that pertinent rules and regulations of the Organization as well as conditions of agreements with donors and partners are observed;
- Develop and administers various human resources plan and procedures for all YIAGA Staff;
- Develops, recommends and implements personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains handbook on policies and procedures; performs benefits administration to include claims resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment, annual re-evaluation of policies for cost-effectiveness, information activities program and cash flow.
- Conducts recruitment effort for all YIAGA personnel; writes and places advertisements; works with supervisors to screen and interview candidates; conducts reference checking; extends job offers; conducts new-employee orientations; monitors career-path program and employee relations counseling; conducts exit interviews.
- Assist the Head of Administration in administering personnel policies and apply regulations, rules and procedures concerning recruitment, appointment, benefits, and other personnel matters including issues related to immunities and privileges as they apply to all staff, as well as labor legislation as it applies to personnel hired under conditions of employment and contractual service arrangements;
- Set clear responsibilities and target expectations, and supervise the development of individual work plans for each member of the unit, in line with the aspirations of the organizations;
- Facilitate team development activities such as team meetings, competence development, effective succession planning, weekly planning and implementation briefings;
- Support the Head of Admin and Finance in processing payment of salaries, allowances, travel claims and other payments to all staff, vendors and other claimants;
- Assist in the planning, design, development, and maintenance of the Office’s computerized information systems; undertake feasibility studies, analyse and recommend modifications to existing applications, etc.
- Evaluates reports, decisions and results of department initiatives in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
- Perform any other task as may be assigned by the Head of Administration and Finance and the Executive Director.
Key Working Relationships:
Internal: Executive Director, Head of Administration and Finance and Program Manager.
Knowledge, Abilities and Skills
- Knowledge of the objectives, functions and relating policy and regulations of the department.
- Knowledge of effective government procedures and practices in the fields of personnel, logistics, budgeting or accounting.
- Knowledge of principles and techniques employed in effective office administration and management.
- Knowledge of and ability to interpret statutes and regulations.
- Ability to make independent decisions.
- Ability to prepare reports and statements.
- The applicant should possess a bachelor’s degree in any of the following fields; Public Administration, Human Resource management, Secretarial studies, Law, and Political science or a relevant degree from a recognized institution.
- Minimum 5 years professional experience in an administration or human resource capacity;
- Excellent English language skills written and spoken;
- Strong knowledge of Information Technology (IT) and use of various Internet tools;
- Ability to work on multiple tasks concurrently and under pressure;
- Flexibility in your approach within our rapidly changing environment.
- Applicant must be prepared to travel under short notice;
How to apply
Interested candidates should write not more than a two-page cover letter and send with a detailed resume as attached MS word documents to email@example.com or before Friday 14 October 2016. Only applications sent in the required format will be considered.
“YIAGA is an equal –opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of disability, tribe, religion, etc. Qualified women are especially encouraged to apply”