The Youth Initiative for Advocacy, Growth & Advancement (YIAGA) and National Endowment for Democracy (NED) invites researchers, academics, civil society actors to submit original and unpublished articles or papers for publication that discusses critical questions and will propel conversations and debates on the future of democracy and prospects of inclusive governance in Africa. The open-source Democracy Brief is published to build a culture of research and scholarship amongst young Africans in a bid to amplify the voices, views and contributions of young Africans on issues of democratic development in the continent. This edition of the democracy brief focuses on institutionalizing participation and inclusion as basic principles for democratic development and political stability in Africa.
Interested contributors are invited to submit manuscripts in the following sub-themes;
- People, power and change
- Young people and political rights
- Campaigns, advocacy and movement building in West Africa
- Legislative engagement and democratic accountability
- Regional institution and democratic strengthening
- Youth leadership and intergenerational dialogue
- Youth, Electoral violence and radicalization
- Civil society and political society relationship
- Innovation in political Governance
- Youth and Constitution Building
- All submissions must be original, unpublished and relevant to the sub-themes
- All submissions will be subjected to a review and selection process.
- Manuscripts must be typed, double- spacing with a minimum of 4000 words and maximum of 5000 words with references.
- References must be in numbered endnotes.
- Full-length papers must include abstract of no more than 200 words and a brief biography of no more than 100 words.
- All submissions should be sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org as email attachment formatted in Microsoft word.
- All papers must be submitted in English.
- Research papers or articles submitted by young researchers of African descent will be given priority consideration.
Deadline for submission of manuscripts is 22nd December, 2017
All questions should be forwarded to:
Senior Program Officer (Youth)